Are you looking for a fast paced position in a rapidly growing Analytical Chemistry Laboratory? We are currently seeking to fill a variety of positions at our Ann Arbor, Michigan facility. We are searching for talented and motivated individuals that would enjoy working in a team oriented, entrepreneurial company.
In this science based organization, YOU will be part of the value chain of the company responsible for revenue generation with CEO level visibility. Opportunities for career growth include business development, project management, as well as progression along a technical ladder.
To apply, submit your resume and cover letter via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
About the Opportunity
We are looking for a talented individual to fill a Sr. Analytical Chemist position at our Ann Arbor, MI facility.
In this position, you will be responsible to:
- Develop analytical methods and performs testing using a variety of technologies including HPLC, LC-MS, GC, GC/MS, NMR, Microscopy, FTIR and UV.
- Plan and executing projects in support of client needs. Types of projects include: Product deformulation and product development, method development and validation, failure analysis and problem solving, impurity identification, extractable and leachable studies, and structural characterization.
- Generate client reports and supporting laboratory documentation.
- Communicate effectively with clients and internally through written and oral presentation.
- Ensure compliance with government rules and regulations (FDA, cGMP, DEA, ICH, OSHA, etc.).
- Install new equipment, processes and methods for solution of technical problems.
- Demonstrate excellent organization/multitasking, communication and analytical skills.
- Work with broad objectives and be independent on a daily basis.
- Supervise junior scientists.
- Demonstrate complex problem-solving using internal and external resources.
- Analyze data from the qualitative to the rigorously statistical and defending conclusions based on data.
- Demonstrate strong problem-solving and project management abilities.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- Expertise in one or more of HPLC, NMR, MS or GC from de novo method development to validations and troubleshooting
- Experience working in a GMP environment a plus
- Expertise in one or more chromatographic quantitation and Mass Spectrometric techniques such as HPLC, GC, GC-MS (FID and SIM), LC-MS (SIM and MRM) methods
- Breadth in other analytical techniques a plus
- Experience working in a contract analytical laboratory helpful
- Excellent organization/multitasking, communication and analytical skills
- Strong problem-solving and project management abilities
Typical educational requirements are B.S. or M.S. in Chemistry, 3-5 years’ experience, or Ph.D. in Analytical Chemistry 2-5 years’ experience, with and significant knowledge of analytical chemistry techniques demonstrated through a combination of industry and academic performance.
Why Work for Us?
Avomeen is a full-service laboratory with unique analytical, product testing and formulation development expertise. Each member of the Avomeen team plays a critical and visible role in delivering high-quality scientific solutions, providing them with an opportunity to directly impact Avomeen’s success and advance their career. We make every effort to reward outstanding performance and provide interesting and scientifically challenging work. In order to ensure the success, development, and growth of our employees, we are committed to offering a variety of training opportunities.
Become Part of our Community
We recognize that our single greatest resource is our people, and our team members choose Avomeen not only to join our scientific knowledge-based community, but also to become part of a collaborative team committed to exemplary science and service to our clients. Successful Avomeen employees have a positive, client-centric outlook, and embody principles of integrity and leadership, as well as creativity, flexibility, and perseverance.