Analytical Chemistry Laboratory – Avomeen Analytical Services – Ann Arbor, MI
Are you looking for a fast paced position in a rapidly growing Analytical Chemistry Laboratory? We are currently seeking to fill a variety of positions at our Ann Arbor, Michigan facility. We are searching for talented and motivated individuals that would enjoy working in a team oriented, entrepreneurial company.
Avomeen is part of the CRO industry, which serves Pharmaceutical, Biotech, Legal, Automotive, Paints & Coatings, and other diversified industries with laboratory services. This $600B dynamic industry has risen to fill the needs of a wide variety of companies that have realized that Analytical Science is not core to their mission and is better done in an outside science based organization that values and supports it.
At Avomeen we:
- Perform analysis to get approvals for innovative as well as generic pharmaceuticals
- Perform testing as well as Expert Witnessing for Law firms to support litigation
- Re-engineer and improve existing products for new markets and applications
- Invent new products (several clients have appeared on Shark Tank)
- Solve major quality problems for manufacturers including soft drink companies, auto manufacturers, pharmaceutical manufacturers, and others
In this science based organization, YOU will be part of the value chain of the company responsible for revenue generation with CEO level visibility. Opportunities for career growth include business development, project management, as well as progression along a technical ladder.
If you are interested in the job opportunity below, please forward resume, cover letter, and salary history to firstname.lastname@example.org.
About the Opportunity
We are looking for a talented individual to fill a Project Leader position at our Ann Arbor, MI facility.
Areas of Experience
- Expertise in several areas of analytical chemistry including one or more of HPLC, GC, GC-MS, LC-MS
- Quantitative method developments and validations
- Leading junior technical people in a fast paced project oriented environment
- Solving problems using a multidisciplinary approach
In this position, you will be responsible to:
- Work under the direction of a Senior Technical Director to provide key analysis for multiple, short and long-term analytical projects.
- Plan and execute projects in support of client needs.
- Perform analysis within lab, write project reports, attend customer meetings, and provide updates to leadership.
- Communicate effectively with clients and internally through written and oral presentation.
- Provide leadership for various operational tasks within laboratory including use and maintenance of modern analytical instrumentation such as GC/MS, LC/MS, HPLC, NMR, GC, FT-IR, and GPC.
- Possess good judgment and awareness to recognize and solve laboratory/data issues to assure high quality data.
- Maintain accurate and complete lab data notebooks, record and report results of analysis in accordance with prescribed lab procedures and systems.
- Recognize and solve analytical and product problems, review laboratory documentation for calculation, entry and cGMP compliance. Documentation and reporting results of development and experimentation in technical reports is a necessary function of the position.
- Ensure compliance with government rules and regulations (FDA, cGMP, DEA, ICH, OSHA, etc.).
- Develop and validate analytical methods.
- Install new equipment, processes and methods for solution of technical problems.
- Demonstrate excellent organization/multitasking, communication and analytical skills.
- Work with broad objectives and be independent on a daily basis.
- Supervise junior scientists.
- Demonstrate complex problem-solving using internal and external resources.
- Analyze data from the qualitative to the rigorously statistical and defending conclusions based on data.
- Demonstrate strong problem-solving and project management abilities.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- Ph.D. Degree in Chemistry with background in protein and peptide mass spectrometry
- Excellent project management skills and the ability to effectively function in fast-paced, dynamic technical environment.
- Expert in data analysis from the qualitative to the rigorously statistical
- High-level analytical problem-solving skills, utilizing and maintaining modern analytical instrumentation such as GC/MS, LC/MS, HPLC, NMR, GC, FT-IR, and GPC.
- Applied knowledge in the areas of medical devices, drug development, drug formulation development, and analytical testing is preferred.
- Candidate must be able to work independently as well as under direction while contributing knowledge and experience to projects.
- Must be self-motivated, possess good interpersonal skills, and the ability to handle a wide variety of work assignments while meeting tight timelines.
- Exhibit high-quality writing, communication and time-management skills as well as proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and similar programs.
- Top candidates will demonstrate a desire to advance and excel in their position while contributing to overall company growth.
- Ability to effectively function in fast-paced, dynamic technical environment.
- Desire to be part of a fast-paced, rapidly growing company.
The position offers major benefits, competitive salary, and the opportunity to quickly advance to positions of higher responsibility.
Avomeen Analytical Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
For more information, please contact us at (800) 930-5450.