Product Development Laboratory
Our custom formulation development services help entrepreneurs, manufacturers, and distributors turn their innovative product ideas into an on-the-shelf product. We have worked with companies of all sizes from entrepreneurial start-ups looking to create their first product to some of the world’s largest companies that have come to Avomeen to develop their entire new product line on their behalf. Additionally, our custom product development services can be extended to include support services that will quicken your time to market.
Avomeen’s skilled product formulators have experience developing innovative personal care products, coatings, supplements, pharmaceuticals, adhesives, polymers, beverages, cleaners, fertilizers, household products, and more.
We are not a private label manufacturer we aid in unique new product development. If you are seeking a company to assist you in bringing to market a truly innovative product that has been custom designed to your exact technical specifications and obtaining the intellectual property rights to that product is important to you, then we are the right company for you! Our team of product formulators specialize in innovative product development.
Strict Confidentiality • Experienced Product Formulators • Full Transfer of All Intellectual Property (IP) Rights
Typical Steps To Our Product Formulation Development Process:
- Consultation with formulation development consultant
- This allows us to fully understand the intended characteristics and specifications of the product that you are looking to create. It also allows us and our formulation scientists to define the project’s potential challenges, time-frame to completion, and costs associated
- No-obligation proposal
- Typically delivered within 24-48 hours after your initial consultation was held, but can take longer for more complex products or the design & development of entire product lines
- Formulation Development
- Your dedicated team of skilled formulation chemists will go to work developing a unique and innovative formulation based on your exact technical specifications
- Review & Comment on Prototypes
- We will send you sample batches for your review and will finalize the product’s formulation based off your input
- Additional Support
- Shelf life analysis, packaging selection and compatibility, regulatory assistance, marking claims validation, etc.
- Intellectual property transfer
- Own your IP – No royalties or limitations here. Avomeen’s clients retain full intellectual property rights to the products created on their behalf through our custom product development. This includes full-knowledge of all ingredients used, their exact quantities, and the product’s manufacturing process “recipe”
- Technology transfer & scale-up
- During the new formulation development process our laboratory will produce trial batches for you to sample, however we are not a manufacturer. When your new product is finalized, we will transfer the complete formulation to your internal manufacturing facility or can assist you in finding a third-party product blender to produce your product at scale
The Avomeen Difference
Your team of chemists is available for you both during and after your product’s formulation is complete. We aim to bring you peace of mind and are available to help with additional steps beyond the initial product design and development process. We can be your solution for many aspects of outsourced product development.
Custom Product Development Support for:
|Consumer & Household Products||Pharmaceutical / Medical Device||Industrial / Government|
Full-Service Product R&D Company
For clients that benefit from additional support, we can help with everything from refining your initial idea to getting your finished product into your customers’ hands including:
We are not a private label manufacturer, our product testing facility provides chemical reserach and development serices to formulate innovative products. If you are seeking a company to assist you in bringing to market a truly unique product that has been custom designed to your exact technical specifications and obtaining the intellectual property rights to that product is important to you, then we are the right company for you!
Related Service – What is product deformulation?
- Product Deformulation & Reformulation – Ability to reverse engineer, replicate, and modify existing products
- For example, we have helped manufacturers expand their product lines through deformulation and reformulation services on existing products. This saves time as well as costs in initial research and development as a deformulation analysis reverse engineers a competing product that you like, in order to have it reformulated adding your own innovative ideas to develop a new product on your behalf.
We can also help you with your litigation support to verify that your new product will not violate existing patents or help you gain a patent protecting your new product formulation.
Is my new product technically feasible?
Many of our projects work with next-gen technology that is not currently out on the market. These products are completely unique and often times require the development of new technologies during their development. Our chemists and formulation scientists can perform feasibility studies to evaluate our ability to deliver a product that meets your desired characteristics and show proof of concept.
Case Study: New Product Development
Industry: Household Products
An entrepreneur approached our product development team with a plan to create a new cleaning product. He had researched many cleaners in the market, and found the current product that provided the best cleaning power. He sent samples of this product to Avomeen, where we used our deformulation expertise to identify the active and inactive ingredients of the existing product.
Our scientists also compiled a detailed report of new academic research and patent applications in the field to determine where improvements could be made over existing products. Finally, our reformulation experts developed three new trial formulations for the entrepreneur to test and evaluate, along with final recipes allowing the client to make these new products on his own.
For more information on our formulation services or a quote: