Physical Testing Lab and Problem Solving Services
Avomeen offers routine and custom physical testing of thermal and mechanical properties. We use a wide range of analytical techniques to test polymers, adhesives, coatings, sealants, and more.
Some of our physical testing capabilities include:
- Differential Scanning Calorimetry (DSC)
- DSC analysis measures the heat required to raise the temperature of a given sample, allowing for determinations of chemical characteristics based on relative heat capacity. DSC curves can provide insight into transition temperatures and enthalpies.
- Thermogravimetric Analysis (TGA)
- TGA analysis involves raising the temperature of the sample gradually and plotting the weight against temperature, resulting in a precise weight loss curve. This method is essential to Avomeen’s Deformulation and Chemical Characterization testing, especially for polymer-based samples.
- Temperature-dependent degradation
- Vapor Pressure
- Heat Capacity
- Scanning Electron Microscopy (SEM)
- Energy-Dispersive X-Ray Spectroscopy (EDS)
- Optical/Polarizing Microscopes + High-Resolution Digital Photography
- Thermal Mechanical Analysis (TMA)
- Dynamic Mechanical Analysis (DMA)
Industry: Food and Beverage
Problem: Plastic film in beer
Solution: Consumers found a plastic film floating on top of the beer as they opened beer cans. The polymer film was separated and analyzed by FT-IR Spectroscopy and found to be chemically similar to the can coating. Analysis revealed incomplete curing of the protective plastic film, which caused adhesion failure and release of the coated film. Adjustment of the temperature of the curing step solved the problem to the client’s satisfaction.
For More Information Or A Quote, Please Request A Physical Testing Lab Quote Or Call (800) 930-5450 Today