Expert Witness – Derek Beauchamp, Ph.D.
Dr. Beauchamp is a 2004 graduate of the University of Windsor with a doctorate in Supramolecular Inorganic Chemistry. He has extensive experience in characterization techniques and the respective instrumentation such as p-XRD, single crystal XRD, thermal analysis (DSC and TGA), Crystal 16, Crystalline, NMR, FT-IR, TOF-MS, DART-MS, UV-VIS, gas absorption, HPLC, LC-MS, particle size analysis, GC, SEM, and Raman Spectroscopy.
Dr. Beauchamp’s breadth of knowledge also extends to the development of crystallization processes, as he has developed such processes for a number of late discovery pre-clinical candidates. He has years of experience with pre-formulation development of small molecules and their physical properties and has designed and demonstrated large scale crystallization processes.
Dr. Beauchamp’s Areas of Experience Include:
- Organic, Inorganic, Metal-Organic Assemblies, Polymer, and Analytical chemistry.
- Failure Analysis
- Patent Infringement, Trademark Infringement, Chemistry Expert Witness.
- Material, Chemical & Product Testing, Identification, Quantitation and Characterization.
- Deformulation, Reverse Engineering, & Product Analysis.
Dr. Beauchamp Regularly Works with a Range of Materials Including:
- Polymers, Plastics, Rubbers, Adhesives, Sealants, Oils, Fuels, Additives.
- Pharmaceuticals, Neutraceuticals, Supplements, Medical Devices.
- Soaps, Detergents, Cosmetics, Beauty Products, Surfactants.
- Cleaners, Waxes, Polishes.
- Paints, Coatings, Inks
- Food & Beverages.
- A Range of Other Industrial & Commercial Products.
Avomeen Analytical Services
- Senior Technical Director
- Ann Arbor, Michigan, 2014-Present
Johnson and Johnson (Janssen Pharmaceutical Research and Development)
- Senior Scientist
- Spring House, Pennsylvania, 2004-2013
- Ph.D. Chemistry, University of Windsor, Windsor, Ontario, 2004
- Post-Doctoral Scholar, University of South Florida, Tampa, Florida, 2004-2005