Featured Expert Witness: Dr. Andrew C. Kolbert
Dr. Kolbert has over 20 years of experience executing and managing analytical and product development programs, both internally and in external organizations. He holds a Ph.D. in Chemical Physics from M.I.T., a Masters in Technology Management from the Stevens Institute of Technology, and a six sigma green belt in process improvement. He has both deposition and trial experience and has been recognized by the courts as an expert in analytical chemistry.
As a Ph.D. chemist specializing in analytical and solid state chemistry, Dr. Kolbert has gained mastery in a wide range of chemical & analytical testing. His expansive knowledge and attention to detail allow Dr. Kolbert to prepare detailed expert reports and testimonies for court cases, as well as in-depth analysis for his clients. He maintains the ability to explain complicated scientific analyses in simple terms, understandable by members of a jury and clients alike, regardless of their scientific background.
Dr. Kolbert’s Areas of Expertise
- Analytical chemistry, structural chemistry, solid state chemistry
- Contamination Analysis
- Patent Infringement
- Material Characterization, identification, and quantitation.
- Deformulation and Reverse Engineering
- Measurement systems of all kinds across a wide technology sphere
- Spectroscopy, chromatography, and thermal analysis
Dr. Kolbert Regularly Works with a Range of Materials
- Polymers, Plastics, Rubbers, Adhesives, Sealants, Oils, Fuels, Additives.
- Pharmaceuticals, Neutraceuticals, Supplements, Medical Devices.
- Soaps, Detergents, Cosmetics, Beauty Products, Surfactants.
- Cleaners, Waxes, Polishes.
- Food & Beverages.
- A Range of Other Industrial & Commercial Products.
- President & Chief Technical Officer
- Ann Arbor, Michigan, 2012-Present
- Director, Expert Services,
- Whitehouse, NJ, 2009 – 2012
- Director, Research and Development
- Langhorne, PA 2007-2009
Magellan Laboratories/Cardinal Health/Catalent
- Manager, Structural Chemistry
- RTP, NC, 2001 – 2007
- Master’s in Technology Management, Stevens Institute of Technology, 2001.
- Ph.D., Chemical Physics, Department of Chemistry, M.I.T., 1990.
- B.S. with special honors, Major in Chemistry, The University of Chicago, 1984.