Are you looking for a fast paced position in a rapidly growing Analytical Chemistry Laboratory? We are currently seeking to fill a variety of positions at our Ann Arbor, Michigan facility. We are searching for talented and motivated individuals that would enjoy working in a team oriented, entrepreneurial company.
In this science based organization, YOU will be part of the value chain of the company responsible for revenue generation with CEO level visibility. Opportunities for career growth include business development, project management, as well as progression along a technical ladder.
To apply, submit your resume and cover letter via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
About the Opportunity
We are looking for a self-motivated, talented individual with a high level of initiative with broad formulation experience with consumer and industrial products such as personal care products, cosmetics, cleaners, paints and coatings to fill a Formulation Scientist position at our Ann Arbor, MI facility.
In this position, you will be responsible to:
- Work independently to prepare and develop prototype formulations for a variety of product types.
- Must possess ability to comprehend the client’s problem and work independently to solve the problem in the most efficient manner possible.
- Maintain accurate, complete and detailed formulation records.
- Ability to set up and maintain various equipment used for making formulations including mixing vessels and homogenizers.
- Must be highly productive, self-directed, and self-motivated.
- Maintain clean and orderly work area at all times.
- Must have excellent project management skills and the ability to effectively function in fast-paced, customer focused, dynamic technical environment including possessing the ability to prioritize time and to meet deadlines including making sound decisions about scheduling, coordinating and managing priorities.
- Exhibit high-quality writing, communication and time-management skills as well as proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and similar programs.
Qualifications and Experience
- B.S. in scientific discipline as well as with 2-3 years’ experience with formulation in Cosmetics, Personal Care, Consumer Products, OTC or Pharmaceutical industries.
- Top candidates will have demonstrated experience with color and scent matching of cosmetic samples.
- Preference will be given to candidates with formulation experience coupled with analytical laboratory experience.
- Top candidates will demonstrate a desire to advance and excel in their position while contributing to overall company growth.
- Preference will be given to candidates with experience working in cGMP environment.
- Quick learner with a “can-do” attitude and actions to match, excellent customer service skills, and ability to think on one’s feet are essential to succeed in this position.
- Must be highly productive, self-directed, and self-motivated. Must be able to fully comprehend the client’s problem and work independently to solve the problem in the most efficient manner possible.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple projects under short time lines to produce high quality work. Must possess the ability to self-schedule in order to advance multiple programs simultaneously.
- Must be able to fully comprehend the client’s problem and work independently to solve the problem in the most efficient manner possible.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple projects under short time lines to produce high quality work.
Avomeen is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Why Work for Us?
Avomeen is a full-service laboratory with unique analytical, product testing and formulation development expertise. Each member of the Avomeen team plays a critical and visible role in delivering high-quality scientific solutions, providing them with an opportunity to directly impact Avomeen’s success and advance their career. We make every effort to reward outstanding performance and provide interesting and scientifically challenging work. In order to ensure the success, development, and growth of our employees, we are committed to offering a variety of training opportunities.
Become Part of our Community
We recognize that our single greatest resource is our people, and our team members choose Avomeen not only to join our scientific knowledge-based community, but also to become part of a collaborative team committed to exemplary science and service to our clients. Successful Avomeen employees have a positive, client-centric outlook, and embody principles of integrity and leadership, as well as creativity, flexibility, and perseverance.