Avomeen provides agriculture laboratory testing for every step from seed to harvest. We perform the latest analytical testing on grain, fruit, poultry, soil, and tissue for dairy farms, vineyards, and livestock centers. If you’re looking to increase production or solve issues with your crops, Avomeen’s expert scientists will test your agriculture samples and offer consulting to improve your yields and quality. At Avomeen’s advanced lab, our highly trained scientists customize each agricultural test to the needs of the client, focused on Good Agricultural Practices (GAP). GAP and Good Handling Practices (GHP) are voluntary audits advised by the USDA that help verify that fruit, vegetables, and other crops, and produced, handled, and stored in a method that minimized risk from microbial food safety hazards.
Why We Test Certain Agricultural Products
Whether you’re a backyard farmer, family farmer, or you run a commercial farm, testing certain elements of your landscape require testing to ensure safety and optimal growth. Avomeen’s agricultural testing labs survey major parts of your farm for a variety of integral purposes:
- Soil — The objective of soil analysis is to inventory the soil’s levels of nutrients and its chemical composition. If your soil’s nutrients are off their baseline, your crops could summer from damaged yields or even fail to grow properly. You can solve this with nutrient solutions and lime applied in an environmentally friendly way. Avomeen will perform a deep soil analysis to help you control your costs, maximize returns, and protect the environment.
- Compost and Manure — Compost is an essential piece of farming, used alongside soil to improve both soil structure and nutrient content. Manure can also add essential nutrients to feed your crops, reducing the need for commercial fertilizers and nutrient solutions. Materials used for composting and manure must be tested for safety precautions under the Food Safety Modernization Act.
- Fertilizer — For manufacturers of fertilizer all along the supply chain, quality testing ensures products exceed quality and content specifications. Avomeen will help make sure both the raw ingredients and final product meet your standards and those of farmers.
- Water — While not everyone thinks of water as a nutrient, it’s the most essential one for plants (along with sunlight). Avomeen’s comprehensive water analysis will help determine the suitability of your water supply for farming or household usage. We’ll provide a microbial count, breakdown of minerals, and all the essential data you need.
There are a variety of additional agricultural labs often needed for farming and food-related companies, including environmental testing and plant material testing. Make sure you get the tests you need for GAP standards and to meet food safety requirements.
Agricultural Testing Lab Services from Avomeen
Avomeen’s lab uses the latest methods for testing agricultural samples. Quality testing of crops and the ways you sustain them create sustainable agriculture, leading to higher yield with fewer resources and less cost.
- Macro/Micro Nutrients
- Organic Matter, CEC, pH
- Base Saturation Percentages
Food Safety and Environmental Tests
- Pesticide Residue
- Heavy Metals
- Macro/Micro Nutrients
- E. coli/Coliform
- Lead & Copper
Beyond the key components, Avomeen also provides Product Composition Analysis to provide a full breakdown of an agricultural product. We’ll work with you to determine the testing you need for your agricultural products and create a custom analysis for your needs and goals.
If you have a complex analytical problem that needs solving, please:
Use our quick quote form or contact us for more information.