Analytical Chemistry Laboratory – Avomeen Analytical Services – Ann Arbor, MI
Are you looking for a fast paced position in a rapidly growing Analytical Chemistry Laboratory? We are currently seeking to fill a variety of positions at our Ann Arbor, Michigan facility. We are searching for talented and motivated individuals that would enjoy working in a team oriented, entrepreneurial company.
Avomeen is part of the CRO industry, which serves Pharmaceutical, Biotech, Legal, Automotive, Paints & Coatings, and other diversified industries with laboratory services. This $600B dynamic industry has risen to fill the needs of a wide variety of companies that have realized that Analytical Science is not core to their mission and is better done in an outside science based organization that values and supports it.
At Avomeen we:
- Perform analyses to get approvals for innovative as well as generic pharmaceuticals
- Perform testing as well as Expert Witnessing for Law firms to support litigation
- Re-engineer and improve existing products for new markets and applications
- Invent new products (several clients have appeared on Shark Tank)
- Solve major quality problems for manufacturers including soft drink companies, auto manufacturers, pharmaceutical manufacturers, and others
If you are interested in the job opportunity below, please forward resume, cover letter, and salary history to email@example.com.
About the Opportunity
We are looking for a high-performing Laboratory Administrative Assistant to support operations. This candidate must be highly organized and open to new challenges while maintaining a positive and friendly attitude.
Position Summary Responsibilities
- Receive, check-in and manage chemical & reference standard inventory
- Responsible for verification of information on Chain of Custody forms, bottle labeling, sample/container package shipping
- Receive and process all incoming samples, including:
- Log in all samples, assign unique IDs per standard procedures and maintain up to date logs and systems reflecting storage locations, disposition status, etc.
- Process end of life samples and prepare for safe disposal as appropriate
- Maintain retained samples and secure sample storage areas including logs and systems to reflect storage locations, status, etc.
- Assist with laboratory cleaning and organization
- Perform routine administrative tasks with minimal supervision, including:
- Answer, screen, and route incoming calls
- Schedule meetings
- Facilitate logistics for meetings and events that include internal as well as external participants
- Arrange travel as needed
- Organize, gather and assemble information for meetings and other presentations
- Coordinate catering and make reservations as needed
- Maintain select office equipment, including maintenance of coffee machines
- Receive and process all incoming shipments including consumables, office supplies, etc., including:
- Package, coordinate, and process all outgoing shipments including dropping off packages at shipping facility as needed
- Manage receipt and shipping of large or oversize items
- Provide support to client services and finance departments as well as carry out special projects as directed
The candidate must possess excellent time management, multi-tasking, and organizational skills. They further must have an ability to prioritize and complete tasks efficiently. The candidate must be proficient in all Microsoft Office programs including Word and Excel, with an ability to learn and utilize new software and programs including SalesForce, as well as type a minimum of 35WPM.
Candidates with Associate degree or B.S. degree in Chemistry preferred.
To apply, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org