Are you looking for a fast paced position in a rapidly growing company? We have an excellent opportunity for a Proposal Analyst in Ann Arbor, MI. We are searching for talented and motivated individuals who would enjoy working in a team oriented, entrepreneurial company.
Avomeen is part of the CRO industry, which serves Pharmaceutical, Biotech, Legal, Automotive, Paints & Coatings, and other diversified industries with laboratory services. This $600B dynamic industry has risen to fill the needs of a wide variety of companies that have realized that Analytical Science is not core to their mission and is better done in an outside science based organization that values and supports it.
At Avomeen we:
- Perform analysis to get approvals for innovative as well as generic pharmaceuticals
- Perform testing as well as Expert Witnessing for Law firms to support litigation
- Re-engineer and improve existing products for new markets and applications
- Invent new products (several clients have appeared on Shark Tank)
- Solve major quality problems for manufacturers including soft drink companies, auto manufacturers, pharmaceutical manufacturers, and others
The Proposal Analyst will oversee proposal development and ultimately own the quality of the end product. They will be responsible for understanding business objectives and using them to manage the development of scientifically sound and engaging quotations, proposals, and Statements of Work (SOWs). The candidate will also be responsible for understanding pricing models, providing consistent and accurate pricing for services.
The ideal candidate will have previous experience working in the CRO industry, and must be able to demonstrate an in-depth understanding of the target audiences, including pharmaceutical manufacturers, and possess a tactical ability to write effective proposals that suit the customer and the solution. The Proposal Analyst must be able to thrive in a fast-moving environment, and work effectively within a team environment. The ideal candidate will be results-oriented, flexible, and have a can-do attitude. This person should also have a track record of successful collaboration with internal teams.
Some of the responsibilities are enumerated below. If you are interested in the job opportunity below, please apply on LinkedIn or forward resume, cover letter, and salary history to email@example.com.
The position will be responsible to:
- Collaborate efforts and activities with those of Inside and Outside Business Development personnel as needed.
- Document sales activities, monitor/call on leads, and follow up on customer inquiries.
- Prepare sales reports and forecasts as needed.
- Create technical scientific quotations, proposals, and SOWs for clients and supporting documentation based on knowledge of laboratory services and client needs and enter into CRM system, issue new quotes to client and follow up on existing quotes.
- Maintain proper voice and tone in all content.
- Understand pricing models, correctly and accurately pricing scope of work accordingly.
- Use company literature, verbal discussions, formal written quotes, proposals, tours, and audits to independently secure new business consistent with operational capabilities and business plan goals.
- Transition project wins from Business Development to Project Management.
- Research and assist with resolving account problems.
- Maintain sales database.
- Provide back-up for outside sales team.
The ideal candidate will possess the following:
- Previous experience working in CRO industry in similar or related position
- Bachelor’s degree in sciences or sales with laboratory services background or other related degree concentration, or equivalent directly-related experience (two years of directly related industry experience is equivalent to one full-time year of college in related major) and minimum 3 years related experience.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret scientific periodicals, professional journals and technical procedures.
- Must have the ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers and the general public.
- Capacity to establish and maintain positive working relationships with others, both internally and externally, to achieve the goals of the organization.
- Must be able to speak, listen and write in a clear, thorough and timely manner using appropriate and effective communication tools and techniques.
- Anticipate, understand, and respond to the needs of internal and external clients to meet or exceed their expectations within organizational parameters.
- Work cooperatively and effectively with others to set goals, resolve problems and make decisions that enhance organizational effectiveness.
- Must have the ability to work independently in a fast-paced, multi-tasking environment with shifting priorities.
- Possess excellent interpersonal, customer service and communication skills in both verbal and written format.
- Must be customer focused and quality driven, and possess excellent attention to detail, prioritization, organization and time management skills.
- MS Office proficiency, including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Experience with Salesforce preferred.
- Team player and self-starter attitude.
If you have a complex analytical problem that needs solving, please:
Use our quick quote form or contact us for more information.