PROJECT LEADER/DIRECTOR, BIOLOGICAL CHEMISTRY
Are you looking for a fast paced position in a rapidly growing Analytical Chemistry Laboratory? We are currently seeking to fill a variety of positions at our Ann Arbor, MI facility. We are searching for talented and motivated individuals that would enjoy working in a team oriented, entrepreneurial company. Opportunities for career growth include business development, project management, as well as progression along a technical ladder.
About the Opportunity
We are looking for a talented individual to fill a Project Leader/Director, Biological Chemistry position at our Ann Arbor, MI facility.
Areas of experience:
- Identification of proteins using bottom-up approach (peptide based)
- Quantitative method development using trypsin digestion and fragment analysis
- Familiarity with LC-MS instrumentation (especially Q-Exactive) and proteomics software and library searching
- Sample handling and preparation for analysis of bio-fluids with techniques such as SDS-Page, 2D Page, and Preparative HPLC
- Knowledge of ELISA and ligand binding based spectrophotometry for protein analysis
In this position, you will be responsible to:
- Work under the direction of a Senior Technical Director to provide key analysis for multiple, short and long-term analytical projects.
- Plan and execute projects in support of client needs.
- Perform analysis within lab, write project reports, attend customer meetings, and provide updates to leadership.
- Communicate effectively with clients and internally through written and oral presentation.
- Provide leadership for various operational tasks within laboratory including use and maintenance of modern analytical instrumentation such as GC/MS, LC/MS, HPLC, NMR, GC, FT-IR, and GPC.
- Possess good judgment and awareness to recognize and solve laboratory/data issues to assure high quality data.
- Maintain accurate and complete lab data notebooks, record and report results of analysis in accordance with prescribed lab procedures and systems.
- Recognize and solve analytical and product problems, review laboratory documentation for calculation, entry and cGMP compliance. Documentation and reporting results of development and experimentation in technical reports is a necessary function of the position.
- Ensure compliance with government rules and regulations (FDA, cGMP, DEA, ICH, OSHA, etc.).
- Develop and validate analytical methods.
- Install new equipment, processes and methods for solution of technical problems.
- Demonstrate excellent organization/multitasking, communication and analytical skills.
- Work with broad objectives and be independent on a daily basis.
- Supervise junior scientists.
- Demonstrate complex problem-solving using internal and external resources.
- Analyze data from the qualitative to the rigorously statistical and defending conclusions based on data.
- Demonstrate strong problem-solving and project management abilities
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- Ph.D. Degree in Chemistry with background in protein and peptide mass spectrometry
- Excellent project management skills and the ability to effectively function in fast-paced, dynamic technical environment.
- Expert in data analysis from the qualitative to the rigorously statistical
- High-level analytical problem-solving skills, utilizing and maintaining modern analytical instrumentation such as GC/MS, LC/MS, HPLC, NMR, GC, FT-IR, and GPC.
- Applied knowledge in the areas of medical devices, drug development, drug formulation development, and analytical testing is preferred.
- Candidate must be able to work independently as well as under direction while contributing knowledge and experience to projects.
- Must be self-motivated, possess good interpersonal skills, and the ability to handle a wide variety of work assignments while meeting tight timelines.
- Exhibit high-quality writing, communication and time-management skills as well as proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and similar programs.
- Top candidates will demonstrate a desire to advance and excel in their position while contributing to overall company growth.
- Ability to effectively function in fast-paced, dynamic technical environment.
- Desire to be part of a fast-paced, rapidly growing company.
The position offers major benefits, competitive salary, and the opportunity to quickly advance to positions of higher responsibility.
Why Work for Us?
Avomeen is a full-service laboratory with unique analytical, product testing and formulation development expertise. Each member of the Avomeen team plays a critical and visible role in delivering high-quality scientific solutions, providing them with an opportunity to directly impact Avomeen’s success and advance their career. We make every effort to reward outstanding performance and provide interesting and scientifically challenging work. In order to ensure the success, development, and growth of our employees, we are committed to offering a variety of training opportunities.
Become Part of our Community
We recognize that our single greatest resource is our people, and our team members choose Avomeen not only to join our scientific knowledge-based community, but also to become part of a collaborative team committed to exemplary science and service to our clients. Successful Avomeen employees have a positive, client-centric outlook, and embody principles of integrity and leadership, as well as creativity, flexibility, and perseverance.
Make the most of the hands-on experiences and opportunities Avomeen has to offer.
Ready to Partner? So are We.
Request a quote or ask an experienced scientist today.