COLLEGE CO-OP (LAB TECHNICIAN)
Temporary Position, Subject to Permanent (Based on Need & Performance)
Are you looking for a fast paced position in a rapidly growing Analytical Chemistry Laboratory? We are currently seeking to fill a seasonal co-op position at our Ann Arbor, Michigan facility. This program is designed for academically successful students who meet our requirements and want to work in a fast paced and challenging environment. The position is open to undergraduates majoring in scientific field (chemistry, medicine, or other related field). We will also accept applications of those with associates or bachelor’s degree in chemistry or a related field.
To apply, submit your resume and cover via email to email@example.com.
About the Opportunity
We are looking to fill multiple seasonal laboratory technician spots. The position offers flexible hours and training in state-of-the-art investigational analytical chemistry methods. Position will work directly with our BS, MS, and Ph.D. scientists supporting them in company operations and processes. Position will last 3-4 months and full time employment may be offered upon conclusion based on the company’s current needs and candidate’s performance.
- Verifying & maintaining consumable supplies (lab supplies, solvents, etc.)
- Logging samples & reference materials
- Sample preparation & processing
- Viscosity measurements
- HPLC injections
- Manual syringe pulls
- Utilizing various instruments with a focus on detection & quantitation techniques
- Processing data & summarizing results
- 40 WPM typing speed preferred
- Completed at least two years of college chemistry (or related science field) & mathematics
- Highly productive, self-directed, and self-motivated
- Team player, trustworthy, reliable, and enthusiastic about learning new skills
- Ability to perform multi-tasking in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
- Ability to follow both verbal and written instructions
- Ideal candidates will have operational knowledge of FT-IR, GC, NMR, GC/MS, and routine laboratory instrumentation
- Applied knowledge in the areas of industrial products such as plastics, polymers, adhesives, sealants, surfactants, cosmetics, pharmaceuticals, inks, or paints will be helpful
- Some industrial experience (laboratory or chemistry) is highly desirable
Why Work for Us?
Avomeen is a full-service laboratory with unique analytical, product testing and formulation development expertise. Each member of the Avomeen team plays a critical and visible role in delivering high-quality scientific solutions, providing them with an opportunity to directly impact Avomeen’s success and advance their career. We make every effort to reward outstanding performance and provide interesting and scientifically challenging work. In order to ensure the success, development, and growth of our employees, we are committed to offering a variety of training opportunities.
Become Part of our Community
We recognize that our single greatest resource is our people, and our team members choose Avomeen not only to join our scientific knowledge-based community, but also to become part of a collaborative team committed to exemplary science and service to our clients. Successful Avomeen employees have a positive, client-centric outlook, and embody principles of integrity and leadership, as well as creativity, flexibility, and perseverance.
Make the most of the hands-on experiences and opportunities Avomeen has to offer.
Ready to Partner? So are We.
Request a quote or ask an experienced scientist today.