BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT MANAGER, SOUTHEASTERN US
Avomeen Analytical Services is a contact research organization located in Ann Arbor, Michigan. Due to rapid growth, we are seeking an individual to serve in a business development/sales function and take ownership of growing the Southeastern US territory. Major clientele in the region include: biopharmaceuticals, industrial manufacturing, E-liquids, nutraceuticals and supplements, and personal care products. Our team of scientists provide expertise in analytical chemistry, problem-solving, formulations, and new product development across a number of industries.
To apply, submit your resume and cover letter via email to email@example.com.
About the Opportunity
Job Description and Responsibilities
- Primary responsibilities include prospecting for new Avomeen clients in the Southeastern U.S. as well as following up on requests made through the Avomeen website.
- Maintain an active schedule for meeting with new and existing clients in the biopharmaceutical and other industries
- Meet quarterly and yearly sales targets
- Provide accurate forecast and healthy sales pipeline demonstrated through utilization of a CRM tool
- Serve as first-line contact for leads within the territory
- Negotiate pricing, terms, and contract language with input from Avomeen management
- Work alongside technical directors to draft and deliver accurate, timely proposals
- Represent Avomeen at conferences and networking events. Requires working weekends and evenings as needed for such events.
- Become knowledgeable in the full breadth of Avomeen capabilities and internal expertise in a manner allowing for meaningful discussion with clients
- Bachelor’s degree in chemistry, pharmaceutical sciences, or related field with a basic understanding of chemistry and instrumental analysis
- Previous laboratory experience preferred
- 2-4 years of sales experience of a technical nature
- Demonstrated ability to engage with new clients and obtain in-person meetings on a regular basis
- Ability to travel approximately 30% overnight depending on location
- Willingness to work in a fast-paced environment with a wide variety of team members across the organization
Why Work for Us?
Avomeen is a full-service laboratory with unique analytical, product testing and formulation development expertise. Each member of the Avomeen team plays a critical and visible role in delivering high-quality scientific solutions, providing them with an opportunity to directly impact Avomeen’s success and advance their career. We make every effort to reward outstanding performance and provide interesting and scientifically challenging work. In order to ensure the success, development, and growth of our employees, we are committed to offering a variety of training opportunities.
Become Part of our Community
We recognize that our single greatest resource is our people, and our team members choose Avomeen not only to join our scientific knowledge-based community, but also to become part of a collaborative team committed to exemplary science and service to our clients. Successful Avomeen employees have a positive, client-centric outlook, and embody principles of integrity and leadership, as well as creativity, flexibility, and perseverance.
Make the most of the hands-on experiences and opportunities Avomeen has to offer.
Ready to Partner? So are We.
Request a quote or ask an experienced scientist today.