Technical Director, Pharmaceutical Analysis
Avomeen Analytical Services, a fast growing Ann Arbor-based Chemical Analysis and Pharmaceutical Testing Laboratory, seeks B.S., M.S., or Ph.D. scientists with the following skills and qualifications to join Avomeen as a Technical Director of Pharmaceutical Analysis:
Expertise in Three or More of the Following Pharmaceutical Analysis Areas
- Method Development/Method Validation
- Extractables and Leachables
- Chemical Characterization
- Stability/Release Testing
- Raw Material Testing
- Product Formulation Development
- Compendial Testing
- Supervise and mentor bachelor and master level chemists to ensure consistency in specifications, test method execution, and best practices.
- Provide leadership and oversight to ensure that all employees are adequately qualified, trained, and motivated to perform their duties.
- Responsible for the oversight and coordination of individual projects, including supervision and motivation of bachelors and masters level chemists, overseeing interpretation of results and preparation of data reports, and scheduling to meet deadlines.
- Excellent project management skills and the ability to effectively function in fast-paced, customer focused, dynamic technical environment.
- Manage relationships with clients by providing excellent customer service and technical expertise and support through high level interaction orally as well as through review and preparation of reports, methods, proposals, COAs, etc.
- Mentor and lead laboratory personnel, ensuring that all employees are adequately qualified, trained, and motivated to perform their duties.
- Ability to prioritize own and others’ time and to meet deadlines. Sound interpersonal skills and ability to train and evaluate others.
- Manage relationships with clients by providing excellent, high-quality technical customer service interactions.
- Must possess the ability to make sound decisions about scheduling, coordinating and managing priorities.
Qualifications and Experience
- B.S., M.S., or Ph.D. Degree in Chemistry with detailed knowledge of pharmaceutical development.
- Possess excellent presentation, written, and oral communication skills to provide high level interactions with clients and industry representatives.
- Applied knowledge in the areas of medical devices, drug development, drug formulation development, and analytical testing is preferred.
- Knowledge and familiarity with cGMP practices as well as experience working in cGMP laboratory environment is preferred.
- Quick learner with a “can-do” attitude and actions to match, excellent customer service skills, and ability to think on one’s feet are essential to succeed in this position.
- Must be highly productive, self-directed, and self-motivated. Must be able to fully comprehend the client’s problem and work independently to solve the problem in the most efficient manner possible.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple projects under short time lines to produce high quality work.
- Possess high-level analytical problem-solving skills as well as exhibit ability to utilize and maintain modern analytical instrumentation such as GC/MS, LC/MS, HPLC, NMR, GC, FT-IR, and GPC.
- Exhibit high-quality writing, communication and time-management skills as well as proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and similar programs.
- Ability to effectively function in fast-paced, dynamic technical environment.
- Desire to be part of a fast-paced, rapidly growing company.
The position offers major benefits, competitive salary, and the opportunity to quickly advance to positions of higher responsibility.
Avomeen Analytical Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
For more information, please contact us at (800) 930-5450.
To apply, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org