Senior Analytical Chemist
Avomeen Analytical Services is a fast-paced, growing company. We are searching for talented and motivated individuals that would enjoy working in a team oriented, entrepreneurial company. We are currently seeking to fill a variety of positions at our Ann Arbor, Michigan facility. If you are interested in the job opportunity below, please forward resume, cover letter, and salary history to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
About the Opportunity
We are looking for a talented individual to fill a Sr. Analytical Chemist position at our Ann Arbor, MI facility.
In this position, you will be responsible for the following:
- Developing analytical methods and performing testing using a variety of technologies including HPLC, LC-MS, GC, GC/MS, Microscopy, FTIR and UV
- Planning and executing projects in support of client needs. Types of projects include: developing and validating analytical methods under cGMP compliance in support of pharmaceutical and cosmetic product development, product deformulation and product development, failure analysis and problem solving, impurity identification, extractable and leachable studies, and structural characterization, and analytical testing in support of industrial problem solving and litigation
- Generating client reports and supporting laboratory documentation
- Communicating effectively with clients and internally through written and oral presentation.
- Ensuring compliance with government rules and regulations (FDA, cGMP, DEA, ICH, OSHA, etc.)
- Installing, qualifying, and calibrating new equipment
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- B.S. in Chemistry, 3-5 years experience, or Ph.D. in Analytical Chemistry 0-5 years experience, with significant knowledge of analytical chemistry techniques demonstrated through a combination of industry and academic performance
- Expertise in HPLC and/or GC from de novo method development to validations and troubleshooting.
- Expertise in unknown identification using GC-MS and/or LC-MS
- Experience working in a GMP environment
- Expertise in chromatographic quantitation techniques including HPLC, GC, GC-MS (FID and SIM), LC-MS (SIM and MRM) methods
- Breadth in other analytical techniques a plus
- Experience working in a contract analytical laboratory helpful
- Excellent organization/multitasking, communication and analytical skills
- Complex problem-solving using internal and external resources
- Expertise in the analysis of data, from the qualitative to the rigorously statistical
- Able to draw and defend conclusions based upon analytical data
- Strong problem-solving and project management abilities
Avomeen Analytical Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
For more information, please contact us at (800) 930-5450.