Senior Analytical Chemist, Pharmaceutical
Avomeen Analytical Services, a fast growing Ann Arbor-based Chemical Analysis and Pharmaceutical Testing Laboratory, seeks B.S., M.S., or Ph.D. scientists with the following skills and qualifications to join Avomeen as a Senior Analytical Chemist in the pharmaceutical division.
Pharmaceutical Areas of Experience
- Method Development/Method Validation
- Extractables and Leachables
- Chemical Characterization
- Stability/Release Testing
- Raw Material Testing
- Product Formulation Development
- Compendial Testing
Position Summary Responsibilities
- Work under the direction of Technical Director of Pharmaceutical Services to provide key analysis for multiple, short and long-term analytical projects.
- Perform analysis within lab, write project reports, attend customer meetings, and provide updates to project leaders.
- Assist in maintaining a cGMP compliant environment.
- Provide leadership for various operational tasks within laboratory including use and maintenance of modern analytical instrumentation such as GC/MS, LC/MS, HPLC, NMR, GC, FT-IR, and GPC.
- Possess good judgment and awareness to recognize and solve laboratory/data issues to assure high quality data.
- Maintain accurate and complete lab data notebooks, record and report results of analysis in accordance with prescribed lab procedures and systems.
- Recognize and solve analytical and product problems, review laboratory documentation for calculation, entry and cGMP compliance. Documentation and reporting results of development and experimentation in technical reports is a necessary function of the position.
- Ability to act as coordinator of safety, reference standards, DEA/Controlled Substances or similar programs, as requested.
- Responsible for the development and validation of analytical methods.
- B.S., M.S., or Ph.D. Degree in Chemistry with background in pharmaceutical development and analysis.
- Excellent project management skills and the ability to effectively function in fast-paced, dynamic technical environment.
- High-level analytical problem-solving skills, utilizing and maintaining modern analytical instrumentation such as GC/MS, LC/MS, HPLC, NMR, GC, FT-IR, and GPC.
- Applied knowledge in the areas of medical devices, drug development, drug formulation development, and analytical testing is preferred.
- Candidate must be able to work independently as well as under direction while contributing knowledge and experience to projects.
- Must be self-motivated, possess good interpersonal skills, and the ability to handle a wide variety of work assignments while meeting tight timelines.
- Exhibit high-quality writing, communication and time-management skills as well as proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and similar programs.
- Top candidates will demonstrate a desire to advance and excel in their position while contributing to overall company growth.
- Ability to effectively function in fast-paced, dynamic technical environment.
- Desire to be part of a fast-paced, rapidly growing company.
The position offers major benefits, competitive salary, and the opportunity to quickly advance to positions of higher responsibility.
Avomeen Analytical Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
For more information, please contact us at (800) 930-5450.
To apply, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org