Avomeen Analytical Services, an Ann Arbor-based Product Development, Chemical Analysis and Pharmaceutical Testing laboratory, is seeking a high-performing Lab Technician to support operations. This candidate must be highly organized and open to new challenges while maintaining a positive and friendly attitude. The following skills and characteristics are required for the position:
- Receive, check-in and manage reference standard inventory
- Receive, check-in and maintain database of chemical inventory
- Responsible for verification of information on Chain of Custody forms, bottle labeling, sample/container package shipping
- Receive and process all incoming samples
- Log in all samples, assign unique IDs per standard procedures and maintain up to date logs and systems reflecting storage locations, disposition status, etc.
- Process end of life samples and prepare for safe disposal as appropriate
- Maintain retained samples and secure sample storage areas including logs and systems to reflect storage locations, status, etc.
- Act as primary contact for third party vendors to ensure compliant and cost-effective waste disposal
- Receive Gas Cylinders and bulk Nitrogen, maintain supply of needed gases, and coordinate return to vendor
- Receive and process all incoming shipments including consumables, office supplies, etc.
- Package, coordinate, and process all outgoing shipments including dropping off packages at shipping facility as needed
- Manage receipt and shipping of large or oversize items
- Responsible for laboratory safety compliance
- Responsible for laboratory cleaning and organization
- Assist with management of controlled drug inventory with QA oversight
The candidate must possess excellent time management, multi-tasking, and organizational skills. They further must have an ability to prioritize and complete tasks efficiently. The candidate must be proficient in all Microsoft Office programs including Word and Excel.
The candidate must have the ability to learn and utilize new software and programs including SalesForce, as well as type a minimum of 35WPM.
Candidates with Associate degree or B.S. degree in Chemistry preferred.
Avomeen Analytical Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply, send your resume to email@example.com