Formulation Development Specialist
Avomeen Analytical Services, a fast growing Ann Arbor-based Chemical Analysis and Pharmaceutical Testing Laboratory, seeks an outstanding performer to join our team of scientists as a Formulation Development Specialist. We are seeking a self-motivated person with high level of initiative which has broad formulation experience with consumer and industrial products such as personal care products, cosmetics, cleaners, paints and coatings.
- Work independently to prepare and develop prototype formulations for a variety of product types.
- Must possess ability to comprehend the client’s problem and work independently to solve the problem in the most efficient manner possible.
- Maintain accurate, complete and detailed formulation records.
- Ability to set up and maintain various equipment used for making formulations including mixing vessels and homogenizers.
- Must be highly productive, self-directed, and self-motivated.
- Maintain clean and orderly work area at all times.
- Must have excellent project management skills and the ability to effectively function in fast-paced, customer focused, dynamic technical environment including possessing the ability to prioritize time and to meet deadlines including making sound decisions about scheduling, coordinating and managing priorities.
- Exhibit high-quality writing, communication and time-management skills as well as proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and similar programs.
Qualifications and Experience
- B.S. in scientific discipline as well as with 2-3 years’ experience with formulation in Cosmetics, Personal Care, Consumer Products, OTC or Pharmaceutical industries.
- Top candidates will have demonstrated experience with color and scent matching of cosmetic samples.
- Preference will be given to candidates with formulation experience coupled with analytical laboratory experience.
- Top candidates will demonstrate a desire to advance and excel in their position while contributing to overall company growth.
- Preference will be given to candidates with experience working in cGMP environment.
- Quick learner with a “can-do” attitude and actions to match, excellent customer service skills, and ability to think on one’s feet are essential to succeed in this position.
- Must be highly productive, self-directed, and self-motivated. Must be able to fully comprehend the client’s problem and work independently to solve the problem in the most efficient manner possible.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple projects under short time lines to produce high quality work. Must possess the ability to self-schedule in order to advance multiple programs simultaneously.
- Must be able to fully comprehend the client’s problem and work independently to solve the problem in the most efficient manner possible.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple projects under short time lines to produce high quality work.
The position offers major benefits and competitive salary, and the opportunity to quickly advance to positions of higher responsibility.
Avomeen Analytical Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
For more information, please contact us at (800) 930-5450.
To apply, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org