Bookkeeper / Administrator
Avomeen, an Ann Arbor-based, fast-paced analytical laboratory is seeking a motivated accounting professional to assist the Controller in performing a variety of general accounting support tasks including but not limited to managing of all aspects of AP, AR, Billing and Purchasing:
Accounts Payable Functions:
- Matching invoices with packing slips and purchase orders.
- Entering packets into QuickBooks accounting system.
- When checks are run, matching invoices to checks stubs and submitting them for signature.
- Stuffing checks and mailing them.
- Filing supporting packets in accounting files.
Accounts Receivable Functions:
- Assist Client Relations in generating customer Invoices.
- File management.
- Making collection calls, tracking issues and reporting to the Controller weekly.
- Process purchase order requests, including entering them into the QuickBooks accounting system, logging into various supplier websites and placing the orders, emailing vendors with purchase orders, filing them in the folder to be matched up with AP invoices and packing slips.
- Assisting in receiving items upon arrival, logging them, and putting them away in their proper locations.
- Special projects assigned by the Controller.
- Assist Client Relations team in answering phones, creating project folders as well as other tasks as needed.
Requirements and Qualifications:
Applicant should possess a 4 year college degree (BA or BS). Have minimum of 3 years bookkeeping experience. They should be proficient in using QuickBooks, Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook, and Salesforce.com. Candidate should possess very good organizational, verbal and written communication skills. Attention to detail and the ability to multi-task is a must.